The use of Mulberry leaves dates back to almost 659 AD by the Chinese. They were described as useful for relieving coughs and high blood pressure and when dried in the sun and brewed the resulting tea was known as “the immortal mountain wizard tea”.
In the modern era, health benefits from mulberry products have been verified scientifically, with mulberry leaves shown to have potent α – glucosidase inhibitory activity because of the presence of aza-sugars. That’s a scientist’s way of saying – effectively controls high blood sugar.
Some Hard Facts
Mulberry leaves contain elements that naturally help reduce blood pressure levels and help control blood sugar. It is also rich in several vitamins and minerals that provide added benefits that can be enjoyed by all Sericha drinkers:
- DNJ ( Deoxynojirimycin ) – Helps control blood sugar level
- GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid) – Maintains blood-pressure levels
- Phytosterol – Helps reduce cholesterol in the blood vessels
- Quercetin – Excellent for the liver and can help prevent liver cancer
- Flavonoids – Powerful anti-oxidants
- Vitamin A – For healthy eyes
- Vitamin B1 – For skin & muscle tone, immune and nervous system function
- Vitamin B2 – For body tissue repair
- Vitamin C – For digestive & muscular function
- Amino Acids – Providing protein building blocks essential to healthy living
- Rich in Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium, Iron, and Zinc